Thursday, March 26, 2009

Enchanted

Although the title sounds like a high society greeting, the movie Enchanted is quite a surprise. I would never put this Walt Disney production into a list of best movies, but it is pure entertainment and has all the qualities that make a movie enjoyable, that is, if you can make it through the first 10 or 15 minutes of animation. I had to literally grit my teeth to keep watching the film until Giselle fell down the well and landed in New York.

You know it is New York by the gum spots on the sidewalk, no one would think to put those in sound stage production. I think the themes and story line are a little too much for small children. I was most impressed by the cockroaches cleaning the bathtub and the rats helping to clean the rest of the apartment. It has some long musical numbers that aren't too difficult to endure and moves right along. It was a surprising good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment