Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Limitations

We can only rise to the tether of our limitations or as Blaise Pascal said, "We are all something, but none of us are everything." Or as was said by Elbert Hubbard, "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.

We often spend too much of our lives worrying about what we cannot do, Helen Keller said, "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." She also said, "I seldom think of my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers."

Mankind has an infinite potential. We are truly sons and daughters of a kind and loving Heavenly Father. When I think on the fact that truly, I am a child of God, how can I dwell on my limitations? We can all improve at being human, loving our neighbors and finding time to help and lift others. I work with many people who would be considered to have severe physical limitations, but they find a joy in service that transcends their mortal condition.

1 comment:

  1. Fascinating blog! 'Loquacious' happens to be one of my pet words - not because I am, and not because I utilize it often, but how deliciously it trips over the tongue. Language is always evolving, and sadly in our case - devolving. Thanks for honoring the power and expression we have in well placed words!

    ReplyDelete